2008-05-21

Why Feedback Matters (PicLens responds to Flickr Users)



I've been using PicLens for for a while now to browse the photo streams of my contacts' and discovering new users on Flickr. A while ago I wrote about two enhancements that would make PicLens much easier to use with Flickr. Others had similar ideas.

I decided to write to PicLens (using their Contact link) to let them know what I think.

Here's what I wrote:

I love using PicLens to browse Flickr.

However, I'm often frustrated by having to escape out of PicLens to mark a photo as a Favorite, or to leave a comment.

Adding these two features into PicLens, so I don't have to escape out would be a big improvement.

For example, if I could just hit the "f" (or "*") key while viewing a photo and have it marked as a favorite on Flickr.

If I could hit the "c" key and have a small dialog box pop-up to enter a comment.

That would be nirvana.

:)



A couple of weeks later I got a very nice reply from them in a personally written email (non form letter). Firstly, they thanked me for my thoughts and suggestions and mentioned that they have been "utterly amazed" by the incredible amount of support that Flickr users have shown them. They added that they plan to add "a load of new features" in the next few months, including options to share and save images, and that they would definitely consider my ideas (above).

They've also put together a Flickr community (pool) on Flickr called ImmersiveViews where the entire Cooliris Team is there.

Lastly, they invited me to participate in their beta program for the new features.

What a great response to a few suggestions.

I love PicLens.

0 comments: